A while ago I shared a chocolate chip cookie recipe. It is a good recipe and is quick to put together, but I’ve been searching and searching for the chocolate chip cookie recipe. You know what I mean. I wanted a chocolate chip cookie that stayed moist, and one that spread out big and thin when it baked.
Finally, while leafing through my grandma’s old cookie recipe collection, I found it. The name of the recipe is actually, The Ultimate Chocolate Chip Cookie.
- ¾ cup shortening
- 1-1/4 cup lightly packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbsp milk
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1-1/2 cup flour
- 1 tsp salt
- ¾ tsp baking soda
- ¾ cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Cream together shortening and sugar in large bowl on medium speed for about 2 minutes.
- In small bowl, beat eggs with milk and vanilla then add to sugar mixture. Mix well.
- In separate bowl, combine flour, salt, and baking soda. Add to creamed mixture until just blended. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop dough by heaping teaspoonfuls on ungreased cookie sheet about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes. Cookies will still appear moist when cooked. Let sit on cookie sheet for 2 minutes then move to cooling rack.
Yield: approx. 3 dozen cookies.
Click here for a printable version of the recipe.