New in my Etsy shop, these tissue covers are the perfect small gift for a friend, or yourself! Also available in sets of 3!
Keep one in the car, one in your purse, and one in the diaper bag. Buying a set of 3 saves you money!
I love buying handmade items, and love making them too. For almost 2 years now I’ve had my own shop on Etsy.com in which I sell handmade baby toys, accessories, and goodies for Mom too. Since I think it’s great to help each other out, I decided to do another linky post; this time, link up either your own Etsy shop, or your favourite one!
I’ve had a shop on Etsy for almost 2 years now, and have been amazed at the talent other sellers have. I’ve also been touched by how much other sellers go out of their way to help each other, especially “newbies”, like I was not too long ago. I’ve interviewed other sellers in my Etsy blog several times, but since I’m trying to kind of meld my two blogs into this one, I’m posting my seller interview here this time!
Etsy shop seller Cerra, whom you can find here, was gracious enough to answer my questions, as well as provide a coupon code for all who read this, AND host a giveaway for a $10 gift card from her shop, PLUS a large pack of postcards! So please, read on for details!
Cerra offers a variety of felt creations, from felt play food to fishing games.
You can also find some gorgeous postcard sets, and cozy-looking baby receiving blankets.
Please tell us a bit about yourself.
1. I’m 26, married to my best friend and have a beautiful 2.5 year old son. I spend my days with my son and usually work on Etsy in the evenings and on weekends.
How did you start crafting? Did anyone inspire you?
2. My whole family is pretty crafty. My nan and great-nanny are/were big into crocheting and knitting and also creating with plastic canvas. My mother and I used to do craft projects most weekends, it seems, she also used to knit a lot. I was bitten by the photography bug in the mid/late 90s (a 1.3 megapixel camera was my grade 9 graduation present – $600!), along with painting during junior high thanks to an amazing art teacher who encouraged me during a pretty dark time in my life. The feelings that came from creating have been a reliable source of comfort throughout the years. I started with my felt creations last year to provide toys for my son. After actually making them I wanted to be able to share them with other parents. My son is my biggest inspiration.
What’s your #1 tip for new sellers?
3. My #1 tip is not to get discouraged and not to expect sales right from the beginning. In saying that, set your goals high, promote, persevere while keeping your expectations realistic. There are so many sellers, which means a lot of competition, and as a result it can be hard to get noticed. If you do what you’re doing out of love the rest is sure to follow!
What are 3 of your favourite shops on etsy
Now, for the coupon and contest details!
To receive 25% off any order from Cerra’s shop, simply use the coupon code BBB25 when prompted at checkout. Nice!
For the giveaway, you can enter through the follow ways. Please post a SEPARATE comment for each entry.
1. Follow my blog, and leave a comment to this post! (1 entry-Mandatory)
2. Go to Cerra’s shop and tell me what you must have! (1 entry-Mandatory)
3. Like my facebook and leave a comment on this post (1 entry)
4. Like Cerra’s facebook and leave a comment on this post (1 entry)
5. Follow Cerra on Twitter and leave a comment on this post (1 entry)
6. Tweet about this giveaway and give us a link. (1 entry)
This giveaway is open to EVERYONE, and will be open until midnight EST of March 15th. I will pick a winner using a random generator and announce the winner on March 16th.
I have received no compensation for this offer.