I’ve been wanting to try out those baby food pouches for a while but I couldn’t justify the extra cost. And then I discovered that there were reusable pouch brands! I researched different brands and quickly realized that Little Green Pouch comes on top with great reviews.
When I opened the shipping box containing my Little Green Pouches, I loved the green-style packaging. It’s simple and still attractive, and 100% recyclable. One set contains 4 pouches. Also included in a full colour card showing how to use your pouches and answering some commonly asked questions.
Here is a breakdown of some of the features that stood out to me:
- The plastic is of good quality. It doesn’t feel like it will wear out at all.
- The pouch zipper is tough. I let my 2.5 yr old test it out. Your baby won’t be opening it and spilling the contents all over himself.
- You can store the pouch either on its side (and it doesn’t leak!) or standing up; whichever fits better in your fridge or freezer.
- The outside of the pouch looks square, but inside it is round. That makes it much easier to clean; no food getting stuck in tiny corners.
- They are a good shape and size for young hands. My baby doesn’t like to be fed; he prefers to feed himself. I see these pouches getting a lot of use in our home!
- These are dishwasher safe (unfortunately, I was unable to test this out because our dishwasher is broken.)
- There is a place to put your child’s name on the back.
- They aren’t baby-ish looking. My 4 yr old loves it!
- The price is fantastic. I’ve seen similar pouches (with not-as-impressive reviews) cost twice as much. A pack of 4 pouches costs $15. A disposable pouch at my local store costs about $1.50 I think. So you only have to use these a few times before they’ve paid them for themselves!
- The caps fit on tight. Again, no leaks! It is also a good size for small hands.
As for features that I didn’t really like…well, I can’t think of any. I could see that we might lost the caps, but replacements are available and the info card in the package says that the caps from disposable pouches usually fit so we could probably get some free caps from friends who buy the disposable pouches.
You can check out what products and accessories Little Green Pouch has to offer in their online store. Here, you will find soft spouts, replacement caps, labels, starter and gift sets, and more. You can also find Little Green Pouch on Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest.
Little Green Pouch has generously offered a set of pouches to give away! This giveaway is open to residents of the US and Canada who are 18 and older. The giveaway will end on October 23rd at 11:59pm EST. The winner will be chosen randomly with the Rafflecopter widget and will be notified via email. The winner must reply within 72 hours or a new winner will be chosen.