I decided to experiment in the kitchen a couple of nights ago and since the result was pretty yummy, I thought I’d share the recipe for ginger pork. I’m not giving precise measurements because it doesn’t really matter with this recipe. If you like lots of garlic, use more garlic. If you don’t like onions, skip them all together. Sorry that there isn’t a photo of the finished meal. We ate it all and I forgot to take a photo before serving it.
- 4-6 pork chops. I used sliced pork tenderloin. You want to be able to lay them in your skillet in one layer.
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1-2 cloves of garlic, chopped small.
- 2 T olive oil
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2-3 tsp ginger powder
- Heat oil in large skillet. Add onion and garlic and cook a few minutes until it starts to brown.
- Lay pork in skillet and brown each side.
- Lower heat and slowly add in the chicken broth. Be careful, it might spatter a bit. Also add in ginger.
- Simmer for about 30 minutes.
Serve on rice, pouring some of the extra sauce on the rice. Broccoli or green beans make an excellent side to this meal.