I made these last week and they turned out really well! A great alternative for regular crispy bars since they don’t have all of the sugar that marshmallows add to the treat. These are really easy to make; even kids can make them since the “hot” part can be done in the microwave!
- 4 cups crispy rice cereal
- 3/4 cup honey
- 1 cup peanut butter (I used regular storebought peanut butter. You might be able to use natural peanut butter but I’m not sure if the bars would hold their form as well. If you try it, let me know how it turns out!)
- 1.5 tsp vanilla
- Put the honey and peanut butter in a small sauce pan and heat on medium-high, stirring often, until it’s all creamy and melted together. If you’re using the microwave, put the peanut butter and honey into a microwave safe bowl and cook until melted and creamy. The time will depend on your microwave; I’d start at a minute, stir, then continue cooking in 20 to 30 second intervals until it’s all melted
- Stir in your vanilla to the peanut butter mixture.
- Pour your cereal into a large bowl and pour your peanut butter mixture on top. Stir until it’s all coated and sticking together. Dump it into a greased 9×13 pan and spread it out with a spatula or wooden spoon. Let sit for a couple of hours until cool, then cut your squares!