I like convenience. Which means I like those 5 minute instant puddings.
I found this chocolate pudding recipe on Pinterest and decided to try it. I’m so glad I did; this is the best chocolate pudding recipe I’ve tried yet.
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 3 Tbsp cornstarch
- 2.5 cups milk
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 Tbsp butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Mix the cornstarch and sugar in a medium saucepan.
- Slowly add in 1/2 cup of the milk and stir until the sugar and cornstarch is dissolved. Add in the rest of the milk.
- Slowly bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring constantly to avoid the milk burning on the bottom of the pot. When it comes to a boil, lower the heat to medium and continue stirring for a few minutes until the mixture thickens.
- Remove from heat, and stir in the vanilla, butter, and chocolate chips.
- Pour into a serving bowl. Cover with plastic wrap, pressing the wrap against the surface of the pudding to avoid a skin forming on top. Refrigerate until it sets.
- Let your helper clean up!
This recipe makes a nice thick pudding that is chocolately without being over sweet. Perfect! This would work wonderfully as a chocolate pie filling in a pre-baked crust.
Cooking with the kids makes for fun times for all involved. And there was very little mess with this recipe!
Are you on Pinterest? Come follow my boards!