I love baking with pumpkin. Usually I hold back a little bit because canned pumpkin is so expensive, but this year I made my own pumpkin puree so I’m having some extra fun in the kitchen.
I found a few recipes for pumpkin muffins online, and mix and matched them to suit the ingredients I had on hand. Experimentation is a good thing, right?
Here is the recipe I came up with for pumpkin spice muffins. We all loved them, and I hope you do as well!
- 2-1/4 cups flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1-1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Combine flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda, salt, ginger. Mix well.
- In another bowl, combine brown sugar, pumpkin, milk, oil, vanilla, molasses, and eggs.
- Add sugar mixture to flour mixture, stir just until moist.
- Spoon into muffin cups or a greased muffin tin.
- Lower oven to 375F and bake for about 17-19 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean.