Rice pudding has always been one of my favourite desserts. When I heard the idea of making a pumpkin rice pudding, I had to try it. Yum!
- 1 cup rice
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup milk (for a creamier rice pudding, you can use half-and-half)
- 1 cup pumpkin puree (find out how I made my own pumpkin puree here)
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- optional – raisins to taste
- In medium pot, combine rice and water. Bring to a boil, then cover and reduce to low heat. Cook until water is completely absorbed.
- Remove rice from heat and add in milk, sugar, and pumpkin. Stir well, then add in remaining ingredients. You can add raisins if you like. We were out of raisins but had some craisins so I tried those. It’s pretty good. 🙂
I hope you enjoy your pumpkin rice pudding!
Looking for more pumpkin recipes? Here are a couple more you can try!