Yesterday I was in a sweets kind of mood. I wanted chocolate, but figured if I did something with oatmeal in it as well, I could call it healthy. These oatmeal chocolate chip muffin bars did the trick!
- 1-1/4 cups quick oats
- 1-1/4 cups milk
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 400F. Mix oats and milk.
- In separate bowl, beat egg. Add 1/2 cup of the sugar, the oil, and the chocolate chips. Mix the egg mixture with the oat mixture.
- Combine flour, salt, and baking powder. Slowly add the flour mixture a bit at a time to the oat mixture. Stir just to moisten.
- Pour into greased 9″ square baking pan, sprinkle remaining sugar on top. Bake 30-35 min or until knife comes out clean.
*Adapted from this recipe.