Strawberry Bread Recipe
This is the first year we’ve had strawberries in the garden, and I was surprised at how much better they are than store-bought berries. I was also surprised at how many we are getting! Not enough at one time to make jam, but too many at once to eat plain. I’ll freeze some, but I also found this delicious strawberry bread recipe that we all have been enjoying.
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 3-1/8 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1-1/4 cup oil
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup sour cream OR mayonaise
- 2 Tbsp milk
- Preheat oven to 350F and lightly grease 2 loaf pans.
- Slice strawberries and lightly sprinkle them with a bit of white sugar. Stir to coat.
- Combine dry ingredients and wet ingredients (excluding berries) separately, then mix together to moisten the dry ingredients. Fold in berries.
- Divide batter between the 2 loafs pans.
- Bake for 55-60 minutes, or until knife inserted into middle of loaf comes out clean (there might be strawberry juice on the knife, but it shouldn’t have any wet batter sticking to it.)
- Cool for 10 minutes in pan on cooling rack, then use knife to loosen loaf from edges of pan and carefully turn loaves onto cooling rack.
**This freezes well. To freeze, wait until completely cooled. Wrap loaf tightly in plastic wrap, then place in freezer bag. Remove as much air as possible. Looking for more freezer meal ideas? Check out the linky with 4 Moms of 35+ Kids!
Do you want to print this recipe? Click the green “print friendly” button below.
What have you been making with strawberries this seasons?