It took me a while to find a good macaroni and cheese recipe that was quick and easy enough for my liking and still cheesy-gooey-yummy. I finally found a good recipe that I tweaked a bit to meet my family’s tastes and wanted to share it!
Baked Macaroni and Cheese
- 2.5 cups dry elbow pasta
- 2.5 Tbsp flour
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 cups of grated cheese (this is to your tastes, too..feel free to use more!)
- 1 cup milk
- Margarine or butter
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Cook macaroni according to package directions, but leave it slightly under-done
- Mix flour, salt, and pepper in a small dish
- When pasta is done, pour 1/2 of it into a greased 2.5qt casserole dish
- Sprinkle 1/2 of the flour mixture over the pasta, then dot it with dabs of butter all over. Sprinkle 1/2 of your cheese over top.
- Do another layer of pasta, flour, butter, and cheese
- Pour the milk all over the top
- Cover with foil and bake 30 mins.
Want to print this out? Click the green “print friendly” button below!