I’ve been looking around for a good crock pot potato soup recipe, and finally combined several recipes to make one that was easy and used ingredients that I have on hand. It turned out very good, so I thought I’d share the recipe! I plan on making a larger batch of this soon to freeze for easy winter lunches.
- 4 large potatoes, cubed (I left the skin on because
I’m lazyI like them, but you can peel the potatoes if you’d like.)
- 3 cups of chicken stock (or vegetable stock, for a vegetarian version)
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1-2 Tbsp dried parsley, depending on your taste
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup flour, mixed with a bit of water
- shredded cheese (optional)
- pepper, to taste (optional)
- bacon, cooked and crumbled (optional)
- Combine the potatoes, onion, stock, butter, and parsley in crock pot. Cook on low 6-8 hours.
- A 1/2 hour before serving, add in the milk and the flour/water mixture.
- Serve topped with shredded cheese and bacon.