Our last winner is “A Simple Twist of Faith” – Congrats!!
Now that you’ve identified how to track information, analyzed your site for content and keywords, implemented SEO strategies into the correct coding standards and are ready to market yourself strongly, you need to do so effectively.
There is no special recipe that will give you top results every day, but there are some golden rules to live by and that in turn give you a greater chance of having great results. Keep in mind however, this takes time, and plenty of it. There is no way for you to do it in a week and anyone who says they can is trying to steal from you, don’t trust them.
The single most important thing you can do is link building. This is when you participate in things like social media, forums, comment on other blogs and have other sites that are relevant to you link back to your site. This is an ongoing process that must be done regularly, without rushing. Getting 2000 links in a day will barely give you any benefits, however if you get 5-10 links each day for a year, your benefits and ranking will go up tremendously. You do this by participating in the online community, and writing posts that are considered “link bait”, posts and articles that make people want to refer back to you without you even asking.
You can also use tools like Google AdWords to pay for marketing your site. This is called SEM (Search Engine Marketing) which uses paid campaigns vs
SEO which is purely for organic search results, how far down the “normal list” you are without the help of ads. There are also sites that offer free content for websites!
Usually Google will offer free credits to test their accounts and help you setup with the correct set of keywords. You can pay for placement on other major search engines as well, and this can very well give you a great boost in traffic to create a follower base. However, you must keep in mind that it must be cost effective. For example, if you are selling products, and you are paying $2 per click, but your product sells for only $1.50, then you should rethink using these services.
Knowing where to place your keywords with a reasonable density (usually 3-4%), in the correct tags will also help you bring up your ranks in organic searches (non-paid searches). This will be a continual process, as you’ll need to keep updating content to keep your readers happy. Capitalize on all opportunities for keywords, but don’t spam.
This concludes the SEO How-To series and I hope that you’ve all found this helpful in identifying issues within your own sites and blogs. It’s been a pleasure sharing with you!
Here’s how you can enter:
- Follow my blog with Google Friend Connect and leave a comment on this post (with your site if you have one)
- Follow Talkity Christian (Hubby’s Blog) via Google Friend Connect and leave a comment on this post (with your site if you have one) *Follows Back*
Extra Giveaway Entries:
- Subscribe to my blog by email and leave a comment saying you’ve done so.
- Add my button to your site and leave a message saying you’ve done so with a link to the page.
- Follow my Facebook and leave a message saying you’ve done so
- Follow my Twitter and leave a message saying you’ve done so.
- Tweet about the giveaway and leave a comment saying you’ve done so.
Sample Tweet: I entered to #win a Free SEO Analysis from @SavsBlessings and @TalkityC
Extra Giveaway Entries through Talkity Christian:
- Subscribe to Talkity Christian’s blog by email and leave a comment saying you’ve done so.
- “Like” Talkity Christian’s homepage through Facebook
- Add Talkity Christian’s button to your site and leave a message saying you’ve done so with a link to the page.
- Follow Talkity Christian’s Twitter and leave a message saying you’ve done so.
- Tweet Talkity Christian’s homepage and leave a message saying you’ve done so.
Sample Tweet: Check out @TalkityC Site http://talkitychristian.blogspot.com/
This Giveaway ends on 08/19 7PM EST
Note: If you have friends who don’t have a site, they can still enter and give you more entries to the contest! Come one come all!
Check out ChristiaTech for packages and services if you’d like more info!