Congratulations to Praises of a Wife an Mommy on winning the last SEO giveaway!
With all this information about how you can analyze your site’s traffic, optimize the code and decide where you have to place your keywords for maximum SEO weight. You’ll also need to know what keywords to put. You can know all about SEO code, but without the proper writing of your marketing strategy, it’ll be all for not.
How many keywords should I use? What density should I aim for? How many characters for each tag type? What are the best keywords to get people on my site?
These questions have plagued the minds of marketers before the first ad campaign was ever run. Attracting people is more of an art than a science. You can plaster “Free stuff” everywhere, and write it in all your adds, but this won’t attract anyone. In fact, chances are if you’re using your keywords too often, people will find you hard to read, get bored and move on. On top of all that, search engines will penalize you for bad choices, and you’ll just end up at the bottom of the list (if on the list at all)
Analytics becomes crucial at this step, and as data becomes more and more available, you’ll need to look through to find out what keywords you’re being found with. Some of these keywords may not be what you’re looking to market, which in turn, becomes a worthless lead.
Once you know how you’re being found, you’ll also need to know what keywords are strongest on your site. Knowing where the stronger keywords are will help you make sure that you aren’t overpowering them with other, non-relevant text that knocks your keywords down the totem pole. These keywords will need to be classified as broad or long tailed keywords. For example, “SEO” alone would be a broad keyword, and because it’s so frequently used, it’s highly difficult to compete with people already established in this market.
Long tailed keywords would be more like “SEO analysis in Ottawa”. It’s much more specific, and thus, less competitive. You’ll want to capitalize on those long tailed keywords and market accordingly.
It’s a fine line in how specific or how broad you’d like to be when it comes to marketing your site, and the best thing you can ever do is choose to think like the customer. What do they search for? You need to be as specific as possible without removing the possibilities of being found.
Giveaway Contest Entry Rules:
Please leave a separate comment, with your email address, for each entry. This giveaway is open to everyone! A person can only win once during this series; feel free to enter with each SEO series post if you do not win.
Here’s how you can enter:
- Follow my blog with Google Friend Connect and leave a comment on this post (with your site if you have one)
- Follow Talkity Christian (Hubby’s Blog) via Google Friend Connect and leave a comment on this post (with your site if you have one) *Follows Back*
Extra Giveaway Entries:
- Subscribe to my blog by email and leave a comment saying you’ve done so.
- Add my button to your site and leave a message saying you’ve done so with a link to the page.
- Follow my Facebook and leave a message saying you’ve done so
- Follow my Twitter and leave a message saying you’ve done so.
- Tweet about the giveaway and leave a comment saying you’ve done so.
Sample Tweet: I entered to #win a Free SEO Analysis from @SavsBlessings and @TalkityC
Extra Giveaway Entries through Talkity Christian:
- Subscribe to Talkity Christian’s blog by email and leave a comment saying you’ve done so.
- “Like” Talkity Christian’s homepage through Facebook
- Add Talkity Christian’s button to your site and leave a message saying you’ve done so with a link to the page.
- Follow Talkity Christian’s Twitter and leave a message saying you’ve done so.
- Tweet Talkity Christian’s homepage and leave a message saying you’ve done so.
Sample Tweet: Check out @TalkityC Site http://talkitychristian.blogspot.com/
This Giveaway ends on 08/11 7PM EST
Note: If you have friends who don’t have a site, they can still enter and give you more entries to the contest! Come one come all!
I will also be available to give SEO packages to everyone who desires at reasonable costs. Simply send me an e-mail to “email@example.com” with your information and site, and I’ll provide you with a quick assessment as well as costs of repairs.